Happy 2016 everyone! Today over at the Broke and the Bookish they posted their Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for 2016! I love the idea of book resolutions so I decided to make some of my own. Click below to read my Top Five Bookish Resolutions for 2016!
- Return books on time: Confession time-While I think I am a pretty good library employee I am a horrible library patron! I always have over due books on my account. I swear I never mean to be late but I always have so much out that I forget what is due back when. Which leads me to resolution number 2…
- Only check out 1 book at a time: This is going to be a hard one for me. I love finding new stuff to read. I will pick up a book, knowing I already have too much to read pile up in my living room at home, and after reading what it is about feel like I just have to check it out right then. This has to stop! From now on I’m going to read the book I have before checking out a new one.
- Use reading to help my writing: I’ve read over and over again about how good writers learn from other authors by reading a lot and varied things. Well I certain read a lot and I’ve worked on being more varied. Problem is when I read I get so caught up in what is going to happen next or who loves who that I don’t stop and look at things like sentence structure or question why they used certain words. So my resolution is slow down and pay attention when reading so I can improve my own writing.
- Read more nonfiction: I don’t venture into the nonfiction section of my library nearly enough, that’s gonna change!
- Slow down, Stop stressing, and take better care of myself: Ok this isn’t exactly book related but it is important. Most of us probably don’t take very good care of ourselves (I know I don’t). So lets change that in 2016! Both physical and mental health are important so make sure you take care of yourself. And check out your local library for books that can help you do that!