Hey everyone! Welcome to this week’s Top Ten Tuesday! Today over at The Broke and the Bookish they have done a list of Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With. Shockingly I’ve decided to actually stick to the same topic, so click below to see my list of Five Characters I Just Didn’t Click With!
- Josh from Isla and the Happily Ever After: I didn’t click with Josh in the first book he appeared in (Anna and the French Kiss) but that was ok, in a larger ensemble it is easier to not care about a character. However in Isla and the Happily Ever After he is one of the main two characters, which makes not clicking with him harder to ignore. Over all I didn’t enjoy this book very much cause honestly I just didn’t care about his relationship (didn’t help that I didn’t like Isla very much either).
- Number Four from I am Number Four: It is never a good sign when you don’t click with the main character. When I read the book I couldn’t quite figure out what about it i didn’t like. Then I started the second book of the series, which switches points of view between the different characters, and realized it was Number Four that I didn’t like (was his name john? is it sad that I can’t even remember his name?). I set the second book down without even finishing it.
- Gale from Hunger Games Series: I like Gale. I really do. I just didn’t click with him. I never saw him as actual competition for Katniss’ heart. I felt more like he was a background character that kept annoyingly getting pushed into being a main character.
- Jerome from the Shades of London Series: My issue with this character is very similar to the issue I have with gale. I liked him enough but he is kinda a boring character and in a book of interesting characters it is hard to click with a boring character.
- Schuyler, Jack, and Oliver from the Blue Blood Series: Ok I loved this series…at first. I loved these characters too. But something happened along the way. The longer the series went on the more I stopped liking them. Towards the end of the series they seemed like different characters and we didn’t click at all. I found myself more interested in what was happening with Mimi or Bliss then these three.
Which characters did you not click with? Let me know in the comments!