It’s Tuesday! Hi guys, welcome back for another edition of Top Ten Tuesday! The wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish have done a great list of Ten Recently Acquired Books. For once i’m going to actually stick to the same theme! Instead of listing books I’ve recently acquired I will be doing the Ten Books the West Baton Rouge Public Library Has Recently Acquired!
If you haven’t already discovered how awesome your local library is I strongly suggested that you go check it out. I love reading but it can get expensive so even before I started working for a library I heavily relied on my local library as a main source of books. I have to admit though a big perk of working for a library is getting to see all the new book as they come out of catalog and into circulation for all of you to check out. There are so many ones I want to read and here are a few from our newest batch of YA books that caught my eye.
1. Something Real by Heather Demetrios Anyone who is a fan of reality tv will be interested in the story of Bonnie™, a former reality tv star who is being forced back into show business, when she really just wants to be left alone. Sounds like the perfect summer fun read!
2. What We Hide by Marthe Jocelyn Set during the Vietnam War era in a British boarding school were everyone has a secret they are trying to keep. I love stories set in boarding schools.
3. Guys in Real Life by Steve Brezenoff I just started reading this one, it is a love story about a guy and a girl from opposite sides of the gaming world. I love the cover.
4. Complict by Stephanie Kuehn Check out the Book Spotlight! I did on Monday to find out more about this book!
5. Get Even by Gretchen McNeil This book is described as Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars. Sounds awesome to me!
6. Words and Their Meanings by Kate Bassett Anna makes a deal with her family, that she will return to her normal self on the one year “deadaversary” of her uncle joe, however she starts learning things about him that make it hard to keep that deal. A story about grief, family secrets, and words. I bet it will make me cry.
7. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld I mainly want to read this because I love the author but the whole story within a story thing seems pretty cool too.
8. Sway by Kate Spears This is a modern retelling of the story of Cyrano de Bergerac,a man who helps win the hearts women for other women. Until he falls in love with the same girl. Another cute, light, summer time read.
9. Jackaby by William Ritter set in 1892 this novel is described as Doctor Who meets Sherlock. What more do you need to know!
10. The Chance You Won’t Return by Annie Cardi Alex’s mother is so obsessed with Amelia Earhart she actually starts thinking that she is Amelia. If you know anything about history and Amelia Earhart’s final voyage you can see why Alex would be worried her mom. This story just sounds so different, I can’t wait to read it.
Bonus: Lil Bub’s Lil Book I mean come on, look at how cute lil Bub is!