The top ten theme over at the Broke and the Bookish is top ten books that I can’t believe I haven’t read yet. For my list I will be doing the Top 5 Young Adult Books I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read Yet! Click below to read my list and let me know in the comments which books I’ve forgotten.
1. Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: I feel bad about this one because I love the movies and I know the books are awesome but they also seem like a big undertaking. I keep saying that I will read them when I have time to read them all but lets be honest that is never going to happen so I should be prepared to read this series over a long period of time.
2. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky: I even bought this one so that I wouldn’t have to worry about getting it back on time to the library and still haven’t managed to read it yet. I have no excuse other than an ever growing list of books to read. My bad!
3. Eragon by Christopher Paolini: I remember when this book came out thinking that Christopher Paolini was such a genius for being able to write a book at 15.
4. Crank by Ellen Hopkins: I’ve never read a book in verse and if you are going to start somewhere it should be here.
5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare/Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: I put these together because I have the same reason as to why I haven’t read them. For a while it seemed like everything Young Adult was paranormal or something along the same lines as these books and honestly I got a little burned out on reading it. It isn’t fair to these books (which i’ve heard are both amazing series) but unfortunately by the time I heard about them I needed a break. But thankfully i’m way past that now, so i’m beyond ready to read one. Only question, which one first?
To request any of these books click here.