I didn’t get to do this this past Tuesday because I was very busy and yesterday, I had to post two different posts, so we’re doing The Broke and the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday on Thursday instead.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren’t Books) That I’d Like To Own.
1. A Graphic Novels/Manga section in all parts of the library. I know this is technically cheating, because I wouldn’t personally own it, but I’d still like it. Right now, only the YA section has a designated shelf for this sort of thing and it’s steadily growing. The children’s section has an area as well, but the adult section has graphic novels mixed in with the rest of the fiction. I’d like to have shelves in all areas of the library.
2. Prints of the original John Tenniel illustrations from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. I love love LOVE this book, so much so that I’ve got a tattoo of one of the illustrations on my back. I’d love to have framed prints of these all around my house. I love the aesthetic of the drawings and I love the story they represent.
3. Bookends. I have a million books in my house with lots of shelves, but no bookends. All of my books are stacked on top of each other and it’s very unattractive. I feel like bookends would make my personal library a lot more attractive, not to mention make my house look like an actual adult lives there.
4. Game of Thrones house sigil magnets. I like to keep my refrigerator colorful. I have so many magnets on it already, but I’d like more. I love the A Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for those of you who only watch the television show) and I want my fridge to advertise that love. I already have a map of Westeros framed in my living room, but I’d love to be able to display the sigils of each of the major houses as well. HBO sells a set of magnets that would fit perfectly on my already-cluttered fridge.
5. The Lego Harry Potter video games. My little brother and I had the first four games on the Wii when I still lived at home, but they’ve released all seven games now and I’d like to own them on my Playstation. They are a lot more faithful to the books than the movies are (they actually included Peeves the Poltergeist!) and who doesn’t love the Lego games?
6. A copy of The Little Prince on Blu-ray. It’s my favorite book and I only recently found out that they made a movie of it a long time ago. It looks super cheesy from the pictures I’ve seen of it, but I love cheesy things. I’d like to own it just because.
7. An officially licensed Harry Potter wand. I had one once upon a time that I got when I visited the Harry Potter attraction at Universal Studios, but unfortunately, it broke. I haven’t been able to get a replacement yet, and I’d really like to. I kept it displayed on my bookshelf in front of my copies of the books.
8. An e-reader. It’s not technically a book! I resisted having one for so long because I really enjoy the experience of reading a physical copy of a book. But I see how it can be convenient to own one. Plus, I can carry an entire library around with me without breaking my back. It would be perfect to take on vacation, considering I read pretty quickly and I run the risk of finishing whatever book I’ve taken with me before it’s time to go back home.
9. An Edgar Allan Poe action figure. It would go nicely on the shelf next to my Oscar Wilde action figure. (Yes, these things actually exist.)
10. A book case that actually serves as a door to a secret room. I have literally no where this could even plausibly fit in my house, but I want one so bad. I’ve always wanted one. Maybe it could lead to a secret library or my bedroom. I don’t know. I just really want a book case that serves as a door.